Thursday, January 22, 2009

In sickness...

There comes a time in every woman's life, when their "other half" gets sick. And not just feeling yucky, but feeling all out downright SICK. Right after the party on Tuesday, Greg came down with some sort of weird flu and hasn't left our bedroom since. His stomach has stopped wrenching for the last while, but he hasn't eaten since Tuesday either. He is mostly dizzy now and isn't even feeling well enough to watch TV yet. I don't know how much longer this will last! but it is getting pretty tiring. I've been sleeping with Liam in his single bed and trying to run the show around here while he gets better...hoping against hope that I don't get the bug either. Because as all women know, you don't get to lay in bed for 2 days when you're a mom...oh no, the show still has to go on. Reminds me of being pregnant in that first trimester when you feel like absolute crap, yet you have to still make dinner and run the kids to school. I guess that's what moms are for. I remember my mom looking after me when I was feeling raunchy, yet hardly remember her being sick (though she probably was and still had to slave on us).
Anyway, say a little prayer that Greg gets better quick...the kids miss him but I don't let them in to see him as I don't want us all infected!!

2 comments:

Bri said...

Sending thoughts of chicken stock and rest. Reminds me of when Glen was last sick and he said, "I love you, but I want my Mom". Hoping someone can take care of you too Sarah.

Bri

Bloggy Mama said...

Prayin'