Saturday, April 28, 2007

Some good things to eat

Today I thought I'd try out some new recipes in our church cookbook.

This is what we had for lunch and boy was it ever YUMMY...

Curried Chicken Pitas

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. curry powder
1 cup halved grapes
4 green onions, chopped
8 lettuce leaves
1 tbsp. honey
2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
4 pitas, halved and warmed

In a bowl, combine the mayo, honey and curry powder. Stir in chicken, grapes, pecans and onions. Line pita halves with lettuce; spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each pita.
(Thanks to Faith Siebert for this yummy recipe!!)
I must add that Greg bbq's the best chicken ever...so that is how we prepared ours...on the bbq just with some garlic salt and pepper. And to the family...we'll make it for you when you come join us on our deck in SA this summer! Yippee!!

Now I've also got Pineapple and Coconut Muffins in the oven as we speak. I love pineapple and coconut, so this should be good. I'll let you know and share later...
am I making you drool??

1 comment:

Faith and Mark said...

Glad you enjoyed the recipe.