Tuesday, January 30, 2007

NAG nag NAG

Have I told you how busy two boys can be?? I'm sure my mom could tell you. They really aren't bad. Just super intense...both competitive, loud, active, chatty...but fun too. I keep reminding myself....they are BOYs. This is what boys DO, apparently. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but every day is such a challenge. I try not to be a nag from sun up to sun down, but honestly...I really am one. This is me..."Don't draw on the table, don't grab his toy, don't yell, don't touch, watch out, get out of the kitchen, you're spilling!, please share, don't eat my food, etc. etc. Don't I sound pleasant? It was so nice to not be a nag for four days this past week. I hate being one. I never thought I'd turn into one. It's kinda like being a coach 24/7 to whip these two into shape. Honestly, they can not play for 5 minutes without some kind of intervention. Every day I try to shower and have them play for the short maybe 8 minutes that I'm in there, and by the time I'm out...they are both screaming. So annoying. Yes, our house is loud. The best way to make things quieter is to split the two up, and then I think...why did I have more than one child if I have to keep them apart all the time? Good thing my baby is already hearing things from in utero...or it would have the shock of its life coming into our family. I am actually anticipating a quieter year next year as it'll just be a baby and Liam at home during school hours.
No...they really do love eachother. And they can play together on occasion for more than 5 minutes. It's just hard hard hard at this stage. And yes, I'm adding another boy to the mix just to add a little more challenge to my day. But babies are WAY easier than 2 year olds and I can't wait to have someone around who can't talk back to me.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Lol. Oh Sarah. I don't know how you do it. I think I'm a nag too but my kids are still at easy ages.

Anonymous said...

Um...I could have written this post. Every word. Except for the third boy :)

I also say SHHHHHHH!!!!! a lot :)

Kristin said...

I wouldn't call you a nag. Nagging to me is when you are not saying what you are saying for a REALLY good reason. And I am sure you have GOOD reason!
Maybe it will get better as they get older... fingers crossed...