Thursday, October 12, 2006

Another "title"

Ok, so now my new title at Rileys' school is "Room Parent". I've volunteered to be the liason between the teacher and parents of Rileys classroom. Basically I do a lot of phoning, but also I get the priviledge of getting to know all the parents and teacher well, and get first dibs on where I want to volunteer!! I wish I could be in the classroom on a weekly basis, but with having a toddler at home, and taking another in soon...it won't be as frequent, so this position will increase my involvement. Tommorow is my first time to be in the classroom and help make stone soup. Yumm??
So, my mind isn't resting much at night. In case you haven't heard, we are MOVING home. We are just tired of waiting for the "job" and the "right time", and are aiming to head back to Salmon Arm in the summer. No big plans, it'll all depend on the sale of the house and purchase of another. We've talked about moving back home since shortly after we had Riley. It obviously never happened. Now my parents and both siblings are there, as well as Greg's parents...so the pull is getting stronger. You've read my post before of all the things I wish for my kids, and I feel like my family is missing out on their early years which makes me sad. SO...it's a huge faith leap. It will be hard to check out of the city and kinda give up on the life we've led as a couple thus far. It will be easy to get settled in with church and family there, but will be totally different than our life now. We don't have huge job plans, but pray that it'll all sort itself out as we give it over to God. So, I'm thinking way more ahead than I need to, but that's how I am.

5 comments:

Anna said...

I couldn't be happier for you guys. I know it must be crazy stressful but we'll be praying. I'm so happy that our kids will be growing up together and hopefully be great friends.

Heather said...

Yeah it is a huge faith leap but trust that God goes before you and hems you in. That is what I pray everytime I move some place new and he has ALWAYS provided friends and places to live. I'm very happy for you both and the boys too. I loved growing up next to my cousins.

Kristin said...

That is so exciting that you are moving back to SA! I'll pray too! :)
-Kristin

Anonymous said...

Exciting! I'll pray for you guys!

Mar said...

Whoooo Hooo ! I'm very happy about this idea. It will be crazy at times - but for sure awesome for the boys to know their cousins (and grandparents!) well. Summers at the beach with all those little swimmers will be GREAT! ! (We'll let the Dad's work) Smiles, Nanny.