Friday, March 04, 2011

Bootcamp

Here is a sample workout that my bootcamp instructor gave us to take home today...

Warm up (5 min): Do these exercises on the spot:jogging, skipping rope, running with knees up high, jumping jacks

Repeat the following sequence 1-3 times. Try to do a little more each time you do it.

1 minute skipping rope, toe tapping on a step or jumping jacks
10 burpees, with or without squat thrust
1 minute skipping rope, toe tapping on a step or jumping jacks
10-20 situps (imagine you are lifting an object to the ceiling- you can add a small weight)
1 minute skipping rope, toe tapping on a step or jumping jacks
20 pop-squats (like a jumping jack, no arms, jump into a squat position)
1 minute of skipping rope, toe tapping on a step or jumping jacks
10 push ups
1 minute of skipping rope, toe tapping on a step or jumping jacks
20 stationary lunges, alternating legs
1 minute rest
Repeat 2-3 times

Thought you might be interested in doing your own fitness bootcamp at home and could use some ideas!!
I really had to drag myself to bootcamp this morning as I stayed up late with my girlfriends. We went out for a spontaneous drink after Awana, which meant I was up til midnight. Yikes. So I'm glad I didn't give in, as I feel much better now that I went.
Unlike most health club fitness classes that you go to...ours at the church requires that you wear a name tag and get to know everyone's name. She puts us in partners quite a bit, and really encourages you to talk to each other and spur each other on!
It's so much easier to work out with other people. My initiative to work out on my own at home doesn't last very long, so I am thankful for this class!
Now start losing weight Sarah, darn it.

:)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ouch! That sounds pretty tough, but sooooo effective! Way to go! I can't wait to hit some hard-core workouts after Baby comes... I will be coming back to this post, I am sure!