Monday, May 04, 2009

oh baby

Today one of my best friends (my maid of honor) had a baby girl! So excited for Michelle and Nathan and big brother Matthew! I really wish that Smithers wasn't so far away and that tickets to fly there didn't cost around $900!! I hope I get the chance to meet her before she grows too much! CONGRATULATIONS!
I always love to hear baby stories, of labor stories and births. There is something about the unknown, the fact that every story is different and yet the same. It encompasses so many emotions of fear, pain, wonder, excitement, adrenaline, love, and is life changing. The memories I have of the three times I went through the "process" are a combination of wanting to forget (the pain, obviously) but not the amazing parts. So glad I had the chance to experience it.
(and also glad I'm done!)
Oh, and I meant to add...(so I'm adding it later)...have you caught that show on TLC about the women who didn't know they were pregnant until they were in labor or delivering a baby!? Wild. I still don't get it. I mean HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW?!

5 comments:

Bri said...

your friends up north. I was just thinking the other day how I'm not really one of those women who's all 'the birthing experience was so spiritual for me...'
Then I saw the documentary "The Business of Being Born". It's fairly natural birth focused and it's done by none other than Rikki Lake but it's so good.
I was a crying mess. All the babies being born, you realize how amazing it all is.

Bri said...

missing the "yeah" at the beginning of that there post

Kaili said...

True true, HOW do you NOT know!?!?! I wanted to catch that show, but missed it. Insane to me!

Sarah said...

Bri, I'll have to check out that documentary...can you rent it?
Kaili, hope your pregnancy is going well!
The show was wild...one lady had twins even! was on the ER table and gave birth to one and then was like, what is going on?? still pain and then another baby!!? Miraculously ALL the babies on the show are fine today.

Bloggy Mama said...

Yay baby!!!