Friday, January 24, 2014

Limbo

So I worked up til January 10th, training my replacement and then have been home. It does feel really weird to go from working SO hard to doing just housework or knitting! It was a welcome break, but ironically I almost feel more tired. Now that my body is allowed to relax, it almost seems like it's trying to catch up on the last crazy year of insanity! I also stay up later, knowing I don't have to work in the morning, so I guess that isn't great. I did get called in already to cover for the new girl, as she needed a personal day. Next week I have two days of orientation at the convalescent care program. I don't know what kind of casual work I'll get over there, but even a day or two a week would be great. I'm really hating this time of year and can't WAIT for spring. The snow is just dirty and crusty and the sidewalks are terrible for walking. I really hate going outside, and I have little motivation to get working out again, though I did try a barre class which was a mix of pilates and ballet and man did I hurt for the next three days following! I do look forward to walking/running again once the weather improves. The boys have kept me busy with their various activities and helping them with their homework. We've been doing multiplication cards and reading as much as possible around here. Riley is doing a lot of guitar and ukelele and Shea is really doing well at his piano lessons. I need to dedicate 20 min. a day to helping him get through his theory and practicing, so it's a lot of work on my part as well. Check out two of his piano solos on my facebook page! Hurry up, spring....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there - I thought I'd left a message here already. . . just to say I keep on looking and miss your updates :) Hugzz ME