Tuesday, April 03, 2012

LEMON

My mom used to get me to make lemon pudding (from scratch) back in the day when I still lived at home. It was her favorite.
I haven't made it in a long time, and I had these tart shells kicking around, so mini lemon meringue pies it was.



Yumm.

Recipe:
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cups boiling water
3 lightly beaten egg yolks
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp. butter

Blend sugar and cornstarch.
Stir into boiling water.
Heat until clear.
Add a bit of the hot mixture to the egg yolks, then add it all to the pot.
Heat again.
Add butter, rind and juice.
Stir and cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mouth-watering! ! they look PERFECT! ! I'm sure they'll all disappear tonight.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Lynne. . . looking at your page again today makes me think SUNSHINE! Love it with the lemon tarts and yellow chicks! ME