Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Coldest night of the Year


So my friend Krista and I did the 10 km walk on Saturday evening. It was a bit of a crowd to walk in, so the first km was a little crazy, but we made it through and finished in one hour and 40 min.

Here's the note from the director...

"Thanks so much to all of you who took part in or gave money to The Coldest Night of the Year in Salmon Arm.

We were all blown away by the turn out and community support for this event.

We had over 400 walkers, over 50 volunteers and raised over $53,000 for the Lighthouse Shelter.

Thanks so much to all of you who raised money and to all of you who helped out, we could not have done it without you.


Craig Pulsifer took some truly great photos of the event (go to http://craigpulsifer.smugmug.com/Events/ColdestNight and check them out)


Thanks Everyone - See you next year!!!


Chris Moore
Salmon Arm CNOY Event Director"

So I think it was a success and I was glad to be part of it. My feet were pretty tired by the end of it, but otherwise I felt fine. It was fun to take on the physical challenge while also knowing that the money raised will go to a great cause.

No comments: