Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Hi friends, and hello spring! Life is going along at a quick pace, and I'm already looking into summer plans and activities. I have been working at least a day a week, and sometimes more. Last week my boss just finally got me booked into a regular casual schedule on Monday/Wed/Friday from 9am to 2pm, which is quite welcome! I didn't like being called the night or morning of the day I'd be working. This makes my life a lot simpler. The position is at the old folks home,but is in the rehab (convalescent care) section. It is made up of 5-10 people who have usually come from the hospital and are more or less medically stable but not ready to go home. We do lots of exercise and classes, as well as cognitive work with the patients. The goal is that they go back home in 2-6 weeks so we get a nice turnover of clients. It is a much slower pace than the hospital and has more of a homey environment. The boss is still trying to hire and has some new applicants, so my "position" won't last long, but for now it's working nicely. I'm hoping it'll last until summer. Time for work....more later!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy for your job for this season!
Those boys are a handsome bunch! ! NannE

Lucie said...

Hi there, just came across your blog. I'm looking for other mom blogs for support and just started my own. Congrats on the job!