Sunday, August 01, 2010

Big boy at camp

I dropped Riley off at camp today! He isn't going for a full week, but for 3 nights away and four whole days...it seems like a long time! I felt nervous for him, as he didn't know one friend who would be there, or any of the counselors. We all went to sign him in and check out his cabin.


He got his camp t-shirt on right away, and we said our goodbyes. I'm hoping he gets right into it and finds himself a buddy. He's not chicken to try anything, but with new people, he's not overly assertive, so I'm saying some prayers for him tonight! Of course it had to thunder and lightening on his first night there, but I'm sure it didn't bother him too much.
I loved camp as a kid, and I'm sure hoping he does too. We're going to enjoy the break too, of trying to keep him busy and out of mischief!
Sweet dreams, Riley!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Awww, I can't wait to hear how he likes it!

Lisa said...

I'm so excited for Riley! He looks very comfortable in the picture. Obviously I too loved camp as a kid.....and adult! I'm dropping off Jaxson AND Eli on Tuesday for a 3 nighter as well, so I completely understand your nervousness. Here's hoping for a fantastic experience for all our boys!

Faith and Mark said...

I hope riley had a great time. What camp did you send him to?